A Note from Our Founder, Michael Murschel, SD
It has been my privilege over the past two decades to provide personalized, compassionate funeral, memorial, and celebration of life services for families across a wide range of backgrounds who are increasingly without active membership in a church, house of worship, or community of faith, and who find themselves without someone well-qualified to organize, design, and preside at a service which both honors their loss and, at the same time, supports them in their grief in the ways they most need.
My education and background provide me with an in-depth understanding of 42 religious traditions, beliefs, funeral practices, liturgies, and rites, as well as the ability to design meaningful non-religious services ranging from those centered in personal spirituality, to agnostic, and atheist services.
I have drawn together a well-qualified team of care providers who share in my vision for personalized and compassionate care for your loved one, you, your family, and friends.
At these times, I and my associates will, as requested:
- Meet with family to discuss their vision for the service
- Gather fond memories and stories of their loved one
- Meet at key moments for prayer or encouragement
- Coordinate services with their funeral provider
- Accommodate a host of religious traditions and secular styles
- Prepare a personalized and compassionate order of service and eulogy, allowing for, if so desired, a time of sharing stories and memories from family and friends
- Attend the visitation and offer prayers and encouragement
- Preside at the service
- Preside at the graveside/committal/scattering service
CREDENTIALS: Michael Murschel, SD
- Commissioned multi-faith Spiritual Director
- Master’s Degree in Pastoral Care and Theology from Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago
- Spiritual Director with Mayslake Ministries, Downers Grove, Illinois
- On teaching staff and board of Sacred Journey School of Spiritual Companioning, Harvard, Illinois
- Oblate, Marmion Abbey, Aurora, Illinois
- Bachelors Degree in Radio-TV-Film, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- Member: Cook County Funeral Directors Association
- Member: Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member: Coalition of Elgin Religious Leaders (CERL)
- Chaplain, Three Fires Council, Boy Scouts of America
Our role in all of this, both for you and your loved one,
is to handle all the details of the service
so that in that moment of remembrance and celebration
you may participate fully in the healing
which such closure provides.
Please let us know how we may serve you best.